Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Last day of class

So it's hard to believe, but tomorrow is my last day of class. I know I have some blog catching up to do, but I really just wanted to write a little bit about ending the school year. It is so insane to me to think that I started teaching almost 10 months ago and that tomorrow my first year will come to an end.

It has been a lot less dramatic saying goodbye to my students now that I know it isn't really goodbye. At the same time, I'll never teach this group of kids again and they really did make a huge influence on my time in China and just my life in general so it is strange to be saying goodbye.

This week has been really relaxed, I just took a group picture with each class and then we really just hung out and said goodbye to each other.

I've definitely had my ups and downs with each of my classes and there have been plenty of days where I haven't wanted to go to class, but every one of those days have been outweighed by the fun classes we had together, the silly comments my students have made, the small breakthroughs students have made and the progress I've seen some of them make. It has been a really rewarding year and in wrapping it up and looking back over the last ten months it has reaffirmed why I'm staying for another term.

So after tomorrow I'm free for a bit, which will be great but I know I'll miss my crazy students. All 1,200 of them.

No comments: