Thursday, September 4, 2008

Old Man River

In case you are completely lost as to where we are in my summer travels at this point let me paint a point of reference: the date should be July 18, 12 days after I started traveling and three weeks until the start of the Olympics. But now onto the day's festivities ...

Jon and I woke up early to join a group of Chinese people on a cruise down the Li River. We signed up for a cruise in Chinese because the cost was drastically less and we were trying to do as much as possible on a tighter budget. We speak enough Chinese that we could get the gist of what was going on and then figured we could look things up on the Internet later if we needed to. The Li Jiang river flows from Guilin to Yangshuo and it is absolutely breathtaking how beautiful it is. I'm just going to post pictures and let them tell the story.




















No comments: