Thursday, April 10, 2008

The construction has to stop


So it's 11:30 p.m. here in lovely Handan and the buzzing that has been going on all day is still continuing. Apparently they are installing air conditioners in all of the classrooms in the building where I live.

This is great for the students because I know it will start to get really hot in the rooms soon.

This is not so great for me because it means that I've had to listen to all the clatter all day long. I woke up around 7:30 this morning to the sound of drilling in the hallway and still, now they are drilling away. Thankfully I don't have early class tomorrow or I would be one very unhappy camper.

They have also been doing a lot of construction outside my building, which has been keeping me awake at odd hours and providing plentiful headaches. In addition that they are renovating a building right by the classrooms where I teach so there has been non-stop jackhammering all day long the past few days.

No wonder I can't get rid of my headache.

No comments: